Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Last Day

Today is the last day in Japan. I fly out in 7 hours, go to the airport in 1. I am eating lunch in the atrium before I go. I surely hate to leave. Haven't looked at school email since I left. Have heard little from home lately. I feel further away from home than when I first arrived here. Andi and I wandered the underground a bit this morning. She and Owen left for home at 12:30, so I am alone again. The next part of this trip is intended to be a true letting go of the life I just completed and a bridge to the next part. I will have lots of time to reflect and think and unwind and relax by myself.
Japan has given me many surprises and just got another--surprises to the last! The tomato soup came. Was expecting soup to be warm and it is stone cold. It is very good but still a surprise.
After the heat and humidity here that wears you to a nub, the 60 degree weather in Sydney will be a relief. So, onto my hamburger lunch and Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment